Updated on January 21, 2015
The Salvation Army has been responding to the tornado that devastated Moore, Oklahoma on May 20th, however, we still need your help. While our Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) teams are providing food, drinks, and spiritual support to both survivors and first responders, the need is still high.
We sincerely appreciate the support that you have displayed online on our Facebook and Twitter – it is because of you that we are able to continue helping provide relief for all those affected.
If you would like to support The Salvation Army’s disaster relief efforts for the Oklahoma tornado, you can donate:
- Online, please visit: www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
- By mobile phone: You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes.”
- Send it in the mail: Checks designated to “Oklahoma Tornado Relief” may also be mailed to: The Salvation Army PO Box 12600 Oklahoma City, OK 73157
Your donation will help make a real difference:
- A $10 donation feeds a disaster survivor for one day.
- A $30 donation provides one food box, containing staple foods for a family of four, or one household cleanup kit, containing brooms, mops, buckets and other cleaning supplies
- A $100 donation can serve snacks and drinks for 125 survivors and emergency personnel at the scene of a disaster
- A $250 donation can provide one hot meal to 100 people or keep a hydration station operational for 24 hours
- A $500 donation keeps a Salvation Army canteen (mobile feeding unit) fully operational for one day
Once again, thank you for all your support and helping us continue to do the most good.