Did you know that we help babies of mothers recovering from substance abuse at our Family Treatment Services’ Therapeutic Nursery?
And this year, our Women’s Auxiliary will be hosting a fundraiser to help those babies: ”Steppin’ It Up – Renew, Redo, Fashion Revue.”
Steppin’ It Up is a Fashion Revue featuring clothes from our family thrift stores modeled by The Movement Center, a dance company located in Honolulu. Pamela Young, from KITV, Honorary Fashion Revue Chair, will also be showing support by modeling our family thrift store clothes.
The net proceeds from the Fashion Revue will go to our Therapeutic Nursery, whose primary goals are to support children in developing a healthy emotional attachment with their primary caregiver and to maximize their development potential. The Therapeutic Nursery is part of our Family Treatment Services, located in Kahala, which provides substance abuse treatment specifically designed for mothers and their children.
Please support our Therapeutic Nursery! We invite you to join us on June 22nd at Steppin’ It Up at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. Tickets are on sale now until June 7th for $60 per ticket – but hurry! Seating is limited!
Posted on June 1, 2013
National Donut Day is next Friday, June 7th, and we will be partnering with Hawaii’s own, Regal Bakery! That Friday, we will be handing out FREE donuts at all their locations (including a new downtown location!) and a percentage of their sales will be donated to The Salvation Army!
On top of that, Regal Bakery has generously donated free donuts for a year to 5 lucky winners! You would receive 12 coupons which allow you 1 free box of donuts per month for the next year.
If you would like to win, all you have to do is comment below with your favorite Regal Bakery donut flavor! On top of that, if you use the widget below, you get extra entries by:
- being a fan of both The Salvation Army – Hawaiian and Pacific Islands and Regal Bakery on Facebook
- following both of us on Twitter (@salarmyhi and @regalbakery)
- tweeting about the giveaway.
Please use the widget below to enter for your chance at free donuts! You have until June 6th to enter – and we will announce our winners HERE on the blog by June 11th!
Note: The giveaway is open to Hawaii residents (excluding The Salvation Army and Regal Bakery employees) – for more information, please read the Terms and Conditions.
Sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
Also, our New York Staff Band will be having 3 free performances this coming week! On Monday, May 27th, they will be playing at the USS Missouri (11 am) and Waikiki Beachwalk (6 pm). On Tuesday, May 28th, they will be playing at the Kroc Center Hawaii (6:30 pm). We hope to see you there!
The Salvation Army has been responding to the tornado that devastated Moore, Oklahoma on May 20th, however, we still need your help. While our Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) teams are providing food, drinks, and spiritual support to both survivors and first responders, the need is still high.
We sincerely appreciate the support that you have displayed online on our Facebook and Twitter – it is because of you that we are able to continue helping provide relief for all those affected.
If you would like to support The Salvation Army’s disaster relief efforts for the Oklahoma tornado, you can donate:
- Online, please visit: www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
- By mobile phone: You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes.”
- Send it in the mail: Checks designated to “Oklahoma Tornado Relief” may also be mailed to: The Salvation Army PO Box 12600 Oklahoma City, OK 73157
Your donation will help make a real difference:
- A $10 donation feeds a disaster survivor for one day.
- A $30 donation provides one food box, containing staple foods for a family of four, or one household cleanup kit, containing brooms, mops, buckets and other cleaning supplies
- A $100 donation can serve snacks and drinks for 125 survivors and emergency personnel at the scene of a disaster
- A $250 donation can provide one hot meal to 100 people or keep a hydration station operational for 24 hours
- A $500 donation keeps a Salvation Army canteen (mobile feeding unit) fully operational for one day
Once again, thank you for all your support and helping us continue to do the most good.